There was a time in our lives when my hubby and I would take a week long vacation every year in Mexico. The beautiful condos overlooking a breathtaking beach, swimming pools and cabanas were incredible. Ohhh and the luxuries of a day spa, gym, shopping and restaurants…. Awe, I remember it like it was just yesterday. I miss those days…..
- Snacks- Lots and lots of snacks!! It’s harder for kids to scream while their mouths are occupied with cookies and fruit snacks.
- Portable Potty– Because no one has to go potty until you are 15 miles away from the next rest area! Double-bag the potty with grocery bags or trash bags for a quicker clean up.
- Kid Approved Music– I like to use Kids Bop because we get to hear versions of the popular music we love without the worry of an occasional F-Bomb.
- DVD Player– Because it shuts everyone up.
- Kids Tablets– Because kids cannot live without them these days.
- Headphones!!– This is a no brainer. The headphones are so we can enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet without having to listen to the movie Frozen for the 5 billionth time.
- Kids Car Seat Trays– An easier way for kids to eat, drink and do activities without making a huge mess.
- First Aid Kit with Tylenol & Allergy Meds– Even if its just a scratch; they won’t stop crying until you put a band aid on it. Just put a damn band aid on it!!!
- Hand Sanitizer– Because germs are gross.
- Treasure Box– A box full of new (cheap dollar store) toys!! Every hour they get a surprise from the treasure box which will keep them entertained for at least a few minutes.
- Smart Support Backpack– I cannot tell you how many times it has saved my life. My kids hated being in a stroller. They would rather be on our back where they can see everything while they are still contained from running like wild animals. Not to mention, they usually fall asleep quickly without a fuss. I’ve had so many parents ask us where we got it. So here it is!!
Good luck on your family vacations!
If you’ve enjoyed this post please feel free to like it, share it, tweet it or pin it! Have a great day!